Midterm: A test you take halfway through a class. It measures what you have learned from the beginning until that point.
- Before then, players will be pressed to score well on midterm exams and papers.
Cubicle: A small work space that is separated from other work spaces by low, often temporary walls.
- At work he sits in a trading-floor-style cubicle among dozens of his colleagues.
Colloquial: Used in everyday or informal speech.
- Some of these will be presented unmodified in fresh and colloquial translations.
Temporary: Not lasting for a long time or forever. Not permanent.
- Temporary and lower paying jobs do not qualify buyers for any kind of home loan.
Distinct: Clear. Unique. Different or separated from other things.
- The original recipe calls for curry powder, which adds a really distinct flavor.