Definitions and samples
- fascinating (v.) irresistibly attract the interest of
– It will be fascinating to see who the Association appoints.
- horrible (adj.) causing or likely to cause horror; very unpleasant
– My eyes lit up because I don’t mind washing dishes, but I’m horrible at cooking.
- nasty (adj.) very bad or unpleasant
– There were a few nasty comments on Facebook but slowly the responses got better.
- naughty (adj.) behaving badly; not willing to obey
– Naughty pets also like to chew electrical cords or even topple a decorated tree.
- careful (adj.) taking care to avoid mishap or harm; cautious
– Be careful not to wake the baby.